R&D tax credit for start-ups in London
R&D can take place across any business sector and it does not have to be successful to qualify. If you are a start-up business in London and want to know if you are eligible, our specialists can help you identify what is right for your business.
Almost all start-ups will be eligible to claiming R&D tax credits, claiming 33p of every £1 spent on R&D activities. It may not be at the top of your list of priorities but it could make a big difference to your business.
Costs that are a qualifying expenditure include:
- Staff, including salaries, employer’s NIC, pension contributions, and reimbursed expenses
- Some types of software, which is specifically used for R&D purposes
- Subcontractors and freelancers
- Materials and consumables used in testing and prototyping
- Utilities including heat, light and power.
We can make any claims for you and discuss how this might impact applying for grants, loans or funding. Our R&D tax advisors are experts in this field and will ensure that you receive the money that you are entitled to.