Here, we provide clear and complete information about your personal data that Metric Accountants Limited gathers. You can also view and control it’s handling.
If you notice we missed any crucial information you need, please contact us.
Who we are
We are Metric Accountants Limited. We are a Chartered Accountancy firm for SMEs.
Our address is; 32 Tavistock Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2E 7PB, Phone : 0203 905 4804
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Information submitted through the contact forms on our site are sent to our company email. These submissions are never shared with third parties.
Our site uses the following cookies:
Google Analytics cookies – these are set for monitoring and tracking visitors behaviour on the site.
WordPress logged-in cookies – these are used by WordPress to authenticate logged-in visitors, password authentication and user verification.
We store only the information absolutely needed for carrying out our work. A Backup of the data may be stored on dropbox.
All accounting data is kept 6 years as required by law.
Who we share your data with
We don’t share your data with third-parties in a way as to reveal any of your personal information like email, name, etc. However, some data is transferred and/or stored with third-party services we use, like cloud-based services and payment processors. This is done as a way to provide you with a better overall service and user experience.
Here are the services we use to make our own service better for you:
- XERO, Clearbooks, Moneysoft and Digita – we use these systems to process accounting for our clients
- Creditsafe – we use Creditsafe for Anti Money Laundry checks where we are legally required to do so.
- Dropbox – a backup of our client data is stored on dropbox.
- Data is sometimes exchanged via SmartVault
Who can see my personal information?
If you are not a client, there is no personal information we have or can see about you. For Clients only our Accountants have access to your data.
How long we retain your data
We keep your data as long we are legally required. UK Accounting standards require to keep data for 6 years.
How we protect your data and what data breach procedures we have in place
We protect customer data with the following site features:
- All personal data sent via emails are password protected;
- All laptops are encrypted so no third party can reach our data in case of theft;
- We are only using GDPR compliant software to ensure that personal data is kept safe;
- Databases are sanitized (actual user personal details are removed) before deploying to development or testing environment.
- In case of a data breach, System administrators will immediately go through affected users and will attempt to reset passwords if needed after informing the user.
What rights you have over your data
You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. In short, we cannot erase data that is vital to you being currently our customer (i.e. basic account information like an email address). For data we cannot delete you have the right to restrict access. The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly. In case you consider us breaking the data protection law you have the right to inform the authority.